Yowza Captiva Elliptical
The Yowza Captiva elliptical is referred to as a variable motion elliptical or VME. This innovative machine can exercise the abdomen, upper body, and lower body all at once – and its 18”-28” stride can be adjusted mid-workout to target the glutes, quads, or calves.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get
- High quality – The Captiva, like all Yowza ellipticals, is a well-built machine. It has strong basics such as a quiet rear drive and a durable electromagnetic braking system, and its high-quality extras include a high fidelity speaker system and wireless heart rate receiver.
- Variable strides – The Yowza Captiva is ideal for training just about any adult. Along with the Sanibel, its pedals adjust from 18” to 28” to suit different user heights and target different muscle groups.
- Pivoting pedals – Self-pivoting pedals are an excellent ergonomic feature of this Yowza elliptical. These help users to stay comfortable during longer workouts and to use a healthy range of motion.
- Technology – As is the case with many fitness machines nowadays, the Captiva has an integrated iPod docking and charging to seamlessly access your music. In addition, Hi Fidelity speakers are built in if you decide not to use your headphones.
- High capacity – The sturdy Captiva elliptical weighs 229 pounds and has a user capacity of 400 pounds.
- Programs – This cross trainer has ten pre-set workouts and 16 resistance levels. It can store the profiles of multiple users too.
- Heart rate monitor – Users can conveniently monitor heart rate with grip pulse handlebars. Data can be integrated with built-in heart rate exercise programs. In addition, the latest model also includes a Wireless Heart Rate Control.
- Great warranty – Yowza Captiva customers can buy with confidence. In addition to offering a 60-day money-back guarantee, Yowza Fitness provides a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake, five years on other parts and electronics, and two years of labor.
It’s not easy to find fault with the Captiva elliptical. A drawback for some users might be its size; at 81” long, this is not a compact elliptical for small workout spaces.
Overall Rating for the Yowza Elliptical Captiva
This machine is highly recommended. The Captiva’s special “core motion technology” provides a remarkably low-impact, high-intensity workout for the whole body. The unique variable motion stride makes it ideal for multiple users, and it has a high user weight capacity and reliable rear drive. This well-built trainer is sold with a great warranty and compares favorably against other elliptical machines in its price class.