XTerra FS420E Elliptical
The XTerra FS420E elliptical is the premier cross trainer in a series of three from Dyaco. This durable machine features a 20” reversible stride, a three-position incline, and an integrated speaker system for MP3 players.
Elliptical Hits: Good Features of the XTerra FS320E
- Long stride – The 320E has a 20” stride. This is long enough even for tall users to exercise without feeling restricted, and the reversible stride lets users tone different muscle groups with the same low-impact footpath.
- Adjustable pedals – Users can choose from three pedal angles to better combat fatigue.
- Heavy flywheel – The 24-pound flywheel is a 5-pound upgrade from the 220E and supports an exceptionally smooth ride.
- Stable frame – XTerras have well-balanced, heavy frames that are normally associated with more expensive machines. This version has a 350-pound user weight capacity.
- Extras – Extras include remote handlebar controls, an iPod-compatible speaker system, a water bottle holder, and an integrated fan.
- Good warranty – The warranty package includes a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years on parts, and a year of in-home labor.
Overall Rating for XTerra Elliptical Trainers
The XTerra FS420 is a remarkable upgrade over the entry-level 220E. At the right price, this could be a smart purchase. This trainer doesn’t have the fancy iFit features of ICON brands, but it exceeds the average $1000 elliptical by having a heavy flywheel, adjustable pedals, an incline, and reversible motion.
A top competitor is the NordicTrack PathFinder. Its 30-degree incline is electronic whereas the XTerra’s is manual.