XTerra elliptical trainers are made by Dyaco, the same company that manufactures the well-regarded Sole and Spirit ellipticals. XTerra is a mid-priced brand featuring high quality parts such as heavy flywheels and sealed ball bearings. The brand’s current ellipticals include the FS220E, FS320E, and FS420E.
Features of XTerra Elliptical Trainers
- Average strides – Stride options range from 18” on the XTerra FS220E to 20” on the 320E and 420E. The 420E can be used in both forward and reverse modes.
- Comfortable pedals – On all XTerras, the pedals are cushioned and self-leveling. In addition, the FS320E and FS420E have pedals with adjustable angles.
- Heavy flywheels – This brand’s 24-pound flywheels help provide a smooth ride.
- Stable frames – XTerras have well-balanced, heavy frames that are normally associated with more expensive machines. The FS420E is made of heavy steel and weighs 236 pounds. It can accommodate users weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Extras – On the top-of-the-line 420E, users get a three-position incline, remote handlebar controls, an iPod-compatible speaker system, a water bottle holder, and an integrated workout fan.
- Good warranties – An XTerra elliptical warranty package includes a lifetime warranty on the frame, three to five years on parts, and a year of in-home labor. The machines are generally durable, but customers requesting replacement parts have reported waiting several weeks for their arrival.
Overall Rating for XTerra Elliptical Trainers
XTerra offers good quality ellipticals at affordable prices. The machines are low on programming – just ten programs each – but are powerful enough to provide highly effective workouts. The 420E is most appealing for its reverse motion and incline, which help users target a variety of muscle groups with just one machine.
|XTerra FS420E Elliptical||See Best Price|
|XTerra FS320E Elliptical||See Best Price|
|XTerra FS220E Elliptical||See Best Price|