Weslo Momentum G 3.8 Elliptical
The G 3.8 Elliptical is a sub-$200 elliptical. This very simple machine has a short 12” stride and lacks built-in workouts. It displays speed, time, distance, and calories burned.
Elliptical Hits: Positive Features of the Weslo G 3.8 Elliptical
- Small footprint – The G 3.8 measures approximately 44”Lx21”W, so it qualifies as a compact elliptical.
- Heart rate monitor – A contact heart rate monitor helps people exercise at the best pace for efficient cardio training.
- Upper body workout – The movable handlebars can help people double their rate of calorie expenditure.
- Transport wheels – Wheels make it easy to move this lightweight machine.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Avoid the Weslo G 3.8 Elliptical Trainer
The Weslo G 3.8 elliptical rates lower than others for several reasons:
- Squeaks – Weslo customers are expected to frequently grease their ellipticals. Without frequent maintenance, the machines become unbearably noisy.
- Very short stride – This machine has an uncommonly short stride length of 12”. Most elliptical trainers, including discount elliptical trainers, have at least 18” strides.
- No programs – The G 3.8 lacks preset workout programs. Most ellipticals have at least eight programs.
- Just the basics – As discount elliptical trainers, Weslo machines do not include extras such as incline ramps or built-in sound systems.
- Poor warranty – The G 3.8, like other Weslo ellipticals, has a short 90-day warranty for parts and labor.
Overall Rating for the Weslo G 3.8 Elliptical
Like most other Weslos, the G 3.8 has an unusually short stride that defeats the purpose of using an elliptical trainer. Furthermore, the machine is very light and can only safely support smaller adults. Your best bet with the Weslo brand might be the Momentum 730, which has an 18” stride. The 1100 HRA by Eclipse is also a good competitor in this price range.