Weslo Momentum CT 5.0 Elliptical
The CT 5.0 Elliptical is part of an unimpressive budget series by Weslo. While the idea of buying a good elliptical trainer for less than $400 is appealing, it’s not realistic. Weslo’s CT 5.0 has a very short range of motion and a low user weight capacity.
Elliptical Hits: Positive Features of the Weslo CT 5.0 Elliptical
- Heart rate monitor – A dual grip heart rate monitor helps people exercise at the best pace for efficient cardio training.
- Upper body workout – The movable handlebars can help people double their rate of calorie expenditure.
- Built–in programs — With six preset workouts, this machine beats Weslo’s earlier models.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Avoid the Weslo CT 5.0 Momentum
The Weslo CT 5.0 elliptical rates lower than others for several reasons:
- Squeaks – Weslo customers are expected to frequently grease their ellipticals. Without frequent maintenance, the machines become unbearably noisy.
- Very short stride – This machine has an uncommonly short stride length of 14”. Most elliptical trainers, including discount elliptical trainers, have at least 18” strides.
- Just the basics – As discount elliptical trainers, Weslo machines do not include extras such as iPod ports and adjustable strides.
- Poor warranty – The CT 5.0, like other Weslo ellipticals, has a short 90-day warranty for parts and labor. Other discount ellipticals are sold with at least one-year warranties.
Overall Rating for the Weslo CT 5.0 Elliptical
Like the Weslo 3.0, the 5.0 elliptical has an unusually short stride that defeats the purpose of using an elliptical trainer. The combination of substandard components and a poor warranty make this product difficult to recommend.