Weslo Momentum CT 3.0 Elliptical
The CT 3.0 Elliptical is one of the simplest models among several
cheap elliptical trainers by Weslo Fitness. The “CT” in the CT
3.0 refers to cross training; the handlebars move to support a full-body workout. This machine has a 12” stride and two built-in workout programs.
Elliptical Hits: Positive Features of the Weslo CT 3.0 Elliptical
- Small footprint – The CT 3.0 measures approximately 42”Lx26”W, so it qualifies as a compact elliptical.
- Heart rate monitor – A contact heart rate monitor helps people exercise at the best pace for efficient cardio training.
- Upper body workout – The movable handlebars can help people double their rate of calorie expenditure.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Avoid the Weslo CT 3.0 Momentum
The Weslo CT 3.0 elliptical rates lower than others for several reasons:
- Squeaks – Weslo customers are expected to frequently grease their ellipticals. Without frequent maintenance, the machines become unbearably noisy.
- Very short stride – This machine has an uncommonly short stride length of 12”. Most elliptical trainers, including discount elliptical trainers, have at least 18” strides.
- Few programs – The CT 3.0 has two personal trainer workout programs. Other budget brands offer significantly more variety.
- Just the basics – As discount elliptical trainers, Weslo machines do not include extras such as incline ramps or built-in sound systems.
- Poor warranty – The CT 3.0, like other Weslo ellipticals, has a short 90-day warranty for parts and labor.
Overall Rating for the Weslo CT 3.0 Elliptical
The Weslo CT 3.0 has an unusually short stride that defeats the purpose of using an elliptical trainer. Furthermore, the machine weighs less than 90 pounds and is unlikely to support larger users without wobbling. The combination of unimpressive features and a poor warranty make this a product difficult to recommend.