Weslo Momentum 745 Elliptical
The Momentum 745 Elliptical is a higher end elliptical trainer from this otherwise budget brand. It has a short stride (17.5”) and four preset programs.
Elliptical Hits: Positive Features of the Weslo Momentum 745 Elliptical
- Small footprint – The 745 measures approximately 44”Lx21”W, so it qualifies as a compact elliptical.
- Heart rate monitor – A heart rate monitor helps users to get the best cardiovascular results from their workouts. A target pacer also helps guide workout intensity.
- Resistance –Ten resistance levels can help beginners get into shape.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Avoid the Weslo 745 Momentum
The Weslo 745 elliptical rates lower than others for several reasons:
- Squeaks – Customers complain that Weslos quickly become very noisy.
- Short stride – Most elliptical trainers, including discount elliptical trainers, have at least 18” strides.
- Weak resistance – Since this machine has weak resistance, it can quickly be mastered. In the long run, it would be better to buy a more expensive machine with 16 or 20 challenging resistance levels.
- Few programs – The 745 has four workout programs. Other budget models offer significantly more variety.
- Just the basics – As discount elliptical trainers, Weslo machines do not include extras such as incline ramps or built-in sound systems.
- Poor warranty – The Momentum 745, like other Weslo ellipticals, has a short 90-day warranty for parts and labor.
Overall Rating for the Weslo Momentum 745 Elliptical
Even thought the Weslo Momentum 745 is on the higher end of this brand, it has poor ergonomics and is not a durable machine. It’s best to avoid machines that are this cheap, if possible. The 1100 HRA by Eclipse is also a better option than the Momentum 745.