Weslo Momentum 730 Elliptical
The Weslo Momentum 730 is probably the best elliptical from Weslo’s budget lineup. It isn’t designed to endure, but it can provide effective training for beginners.
Elliptical Hits: Positive Features of the Weslo 730 Elliptical
- Heart rate monitor – A convenient hand grip pulse monitor helps users to get the best cardiovascular results from their workouts.
- Longer stride – Compared with other ellipticals from the Momentum line, the 730 has a long stride. An 18” gait is natural for many average-sized adults.
- Small footprint – The Weslo Momentum 730 is compact enough to keep in a small living space.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Avoid the Weslo Momentum 730
The Weslo 730 rates lower than other ellipticals in several categories:
- Programs – The 730 includes four workout programs that were designed by a certified personal trainer. Other budget brands offer significantly more variety.
- Extras – As discount elliptical trainers, Weslo machines do not include extras such as incline ramps or built-in sound systems. However, unlike some other Weslo ellipticals, the Momentum 730 has padded handlebars and a drink holder.
- Poor resistance – This machine has manual resistance, which limits the potential intensity of workouts. This is one reason that the Momentum 730 is considered a beginner’s elliptical.
- Poor warranty – The Momentum 730 has a short 90-day warranty for parts and labor.
Overall Rating for the Weslo Momentum 730 Elliptical
The Weslo Momentum 730 improves upon earlier models with its longer stride and more convenient heart rate monitor. Still, this should be considered a starter piece of fitness equipment. With time, most users will want an upgrade because 1) the machine will wear out, or 2) they will need more of a challenge. Some discount ellipticals that would likely last longer include the Eclipse 1100 HRA and Horizon’s various models.