Weslo Momentum 630 Elliptical
The Momentum 630 Elliptical is one of many budget elliptical trainers from Weslo Fitness. The 630 is an upgrade to the 620, but it falls far short of the 730.
Elliptical Hits: Positive Features of the Weslo 630 Elliptical
- Small footprint – The 630 measures approximately 44”Lx21”W, so it qualifies as a compact elliptical.
- Heart rate monitor – A heart rate monitor helps users to get the best cardiovascular results from their workouts. A target pacer also helps guide workout intensity.
- Cushioned pedals – Like other ellipticals in the Momentum series, the 630 has oversized and cushioned pedals.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Avoid the Weslo 630 Momentum
The Weslo 630 elliptical rates lower than others for several reasons:
- Squeaks – Customers complain that this machine is so noisy that it drowns out the sound from a loud TV.
- Very short stride – This machine has an uncommonly short stride length of 12”. Most elliptical trainers, including discount elliptical trainers, have at least 18” strides.
- Few programs – The 630 has two personal trainer workout programs. Other budget brands offer significantly more variety.
- Just the basics – As discount elliptical trainers, Weslo machines do not include extras such as incline ramps or built-in sound systems.
- Poor warranty – The Momentum 630, like other Weslo ellipticals, has a short 90-day warranty for parts and labor.
Overall Rating for the Weslo Momentum 630 Elliptical
The Weslo Momentum 630 has an unusually short stride and offers very few workout options. It’s also noisy and likely to breakdown quickly, thus becoming an expensive clothing rack. Your best bet with Weslo could be the Momentum 730, which has an 18” stride. The 1100 HRA by Eclipse is also a good competitor in this price range.