Vision X6000 Traditional Elliptical
The impressive Vision X6000 is referred to as a “traditional” elliptical to distinguish it from Vision’s compact and folding units. It weighs a sturdy 199 pounds and has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
Like most Vision ellipticals, this model is available with Simple, Deluxe, and Premier console options. The consoles vary in their graphic displays and program count.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of Vision X6000 Elliptical Trainers
- Ergonomic stride – The Vision X6000 has a long 19.75” stride with a patented footpath that feels natural for most adults.
- Pivoting pedals – Pedals on Vision cross trainers rotate with natural body movement to promote comfort.
- Heavy flywheel – With a 23-pound flywheel, this machine can provide a smooth ride even at the higher resistance levels.
- Durable frame – While some brands use cheap plastic frames, the Vision X6000’s frame is made of heavy gauge welded steel.
- Programming – With three console options, users get 16 to18 programs to combine with 20 resistance levels. The Simple console is aptly named, but the Deluxe and Premier consoles have blue backlit LCD screens and provide more feedback about workouts. With the Premier Vision console, three workout programs can be used interactively with a wireless heart rate monitor.
- Good warranty – This elliptical’s warranty includes a lifetime guarantee on the frame and brake, three years on parts, and a year of labor. That’s a reasonable warranty for a durable machine with a relatively low MSRP.
Elliptical Misses: Where the X6000 Falls Short
While this machine has a healthy long stride, many home ellipticals today have adjustable strides and inclines to help people target a variety of muscle groups. Vision offers these options on its Suspension series of ellipticals, which
includes residential and commercial models.
Overall Rating for Vision Elliptical Trainers
The Vision X6000 is a quiet, smooth-running cross trainer with a good warranty. It offers enough resistance and programming to provide a healthy cardiovascular workout regimen for beginners and seasoned athletes alike. The model’s three console options – simple, deluxe, and premier – help customers get just the right amount of machine and programming for their money.
For a smaller elliptical machine, see the Vision X1500. It takes up just 57″ x 26″ of floor space.