Vision Fitness X40 Elliptical
Vision Fitness X40 Elliptical Review – Luxury for Home or Light Commercial Use
Click here for a Special Offer on the Vision X40 Elliptical Trainer
The high quality Vision Fitness X40 elliptical is sold with two different warranties, one for home gyms and one for light commercial use (up to three hours per day). The base price of $1899 includes the Classic console, which has five workout modes and can be used with the interactive Passport exercise system. Adding the Elegant or Touch console instead will get you 13 or17 preset programs, respectively. These consoles can also be used with Passport (an interactive video system), plus the Touch console has options for iPods and iPhones.
Highlights of the base unit are a 20” stride, a 23-pound flywheel, a magazine rack, and a USB port to charge devices.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the Vision X40 Elliptical Trainer
- Ergonomic stride – Vision Fitness is known for its excellent ergonomics. The X40 elliptical has a perfect Q factor of 0”, a healthy 20” stride and a 23-pound flywheel. The factors all promote comfort and your success with elliptical training.
- Programming – Programming varies with the console choice. We like the Elegant and Touch consoles, which have 13 and 17 programs. (The classic console only has five.) Each Vision Fitness console can be used with the Passport system, which simulates outdoor exercise by streaming video and adjusting the elliptical’s resistance as if you were running on varied terrain.
The consoles give different amounts of exercise feedback. The basic option includes Time, Speed, RPM, Distance, Calories, Pace, and Heart Rate. The Touch console shows Total Time, Time Remaining, Time Elapsed, Clock, Heart Rate, Max HR, % Max HR, Target Heart Rate, Distance, Calories, Calories Per Hour, Watts, Mets, Pace, Avg. Pace, Level, Speed, RPM, and Resistance.
Each Vision Fitness console supports 20 resistance levels for the X40.
- Heart rate monitors – Contact and Polar wireless heart rate monitors are provided to help you exert the best amount of effort. If you choose the Classic console, the wireless chest strap will need to be bought separately.
- Sturdy frame – All versions of the Vision X40 have a 192-pound frame and a 325-pound user weight capacity. The frame has a lifetime guarantee.
- Good warranties – Residential customers get lifetime protection on the frame and brake, five years of coverage on all parts and electronics, and a year of labor. Commercial customers get a year of coverage on the frame and parts plus a year of labor. The warranty is only for light commercial use (three hours per day maximum).
Elliptical Misses: What’s Not so Hot
We’re disappointed by the large price difference between the Classic and Touch consoles. Unless you find a great sale, the best console adds $1000 to the base price.
Overall Rating for the Vision X40 Elliptical
The Vision X40 is a great choice for light commercial fitness rooms. If you’re interested in this unit for in-home use, you might be better off with the X20. It’s very similar an