Vision Fitness X20 Touch Elliptical Trainer
Vision Fitness X20 Elliptical Trainer Review – Luxury for the Home Gym
The Vision Fitness X20 elliptical trainer immediately follows the entry-level X10, but it’s much more advanced. The base price of $1599 includes the Classic console, which has five workouts and can be used with the interactive Passport exercise system. Paying a bit more will get you the Elegant or Touch console instead. These have 13 and 17 preset programs, respectively, and can also be used with Passport.
Highlights of the base unit are a 20” stride and a 23-pound flywheel for smooth motion. All parts are protected for five years.
Click here for a Special Offer on the Vision X20 Elliptical Trainer
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the Vision X20 Elliptical Trainer
- Ergonomic stride – Vision Fitness is known for its excellent ergonomics. The X20 elliptical features 0” pedal spacing, a healthy 20” stride and a 23-pound flywheel. The smart biomechanics promote comfort and your success with elliptical training.
- Programming – Programming depends on your choice of console, so there’s something for everyone. The Classic console has five programs, the Elegant has 13, and the Touch has 17. Only the Touch console can be used with an iPod or iPhone.
Each Vision Fitness console can be used with the Passport system, which is sold separately. Passport simulates outdoor exercise with vibrant video. The speed of the video changes with your motion, and the resistance of the elliptical trainer automatically adjusts to mimic the landscape.
The consoles give different amounts of exercise feedback. For example, the Classic console shows Time, Speed, RPM, Distance, Calories, Pace, and Heart Rate. The Touch console shows Total Time, Time Remaining, Time Elapsed, Clock, Heart Rate, Max HR, % Max HR, Target Heart Rate, Distance, Calories, Calories Per Hour, Watts, Mets, Pace, Avg. Pace, Level, Speed, RPM, and Resistance.
Each console supports 20 resistance levels.
- Heart rate monitors – Contact and Polar wireless heart rate monitors are included to help you exercise at the best effort level. The Classic console version only includes the wireless receiver, so you’ll need to purchase the chest strap separately.
- Sturdy frame – All versions of the Vision X20 have a 188-pound frame and a 300-pound user weight capacity. The frame has a lifetime guarantee.
- Great warranty – Customers get lifetime protection on the frame and brake, five years of coverage on all parts and electronics, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: What’s Not so Hot
The Elegant and Touch consoles are very appealing, but the Classic console’s programming is paltry for the price. Also, this isn’t the best option for heavier trainees despite the 300-pound weight rating. The X40 and X60 can hold more weight without wobbling.
Overall Rating for the Vision X20 Elliptical Trainer
It’s easy to get fit with a Vision elliptical. You might tire of the five programs on the Classic version, but the upgrades are very engaging — especially if you add Passport!
The Vision X20’s MSRP isn’t in “bargain” territory, but this model is definitely an excellent fitness machine. Shop around and see if it’s available at a discounted price.