The top-quality Tunturi C85 features a heavy flywheel, streaming audiovisual entertainment, and more than 125 training programs. It’s very similar to the C80 but has a slightly longer stride.
Elliptical Hits of the Tunturi C85 Cross Trainer
- Great resistance – This machine has a massive 84-pound flywheel to provide smooth resistance. Additionally, this unit’s overall heft support users weighing up to 330 pounds.
- Long stride – The 19” stride is one of the longest available on Tunturi cross trainers.
- Attractive display – Workout data are displayed on a full color 7” LED screen and video can be streamed if connected through a USB port.
- Extensive programming – There are ten preset programs, a fitness test, heart rate controlled programs, and spaces to store 100 user-designed routines. Altogether, there are 127 programs.
- Sound system – USB ports accept sound files, and speakers are built into the monitor.
- Heart rate sensor – A contact heart rate sensor helps users train for the maximum cardiovascular benefit.
- Good warranties – Residential and light commercial warranties are available. Tunturi provides a lifetime warranty on their elliptical machines’ brake systems. The parts and electronics warranties on the C85 can be extended by one year for free when customers register their Tunturi ellipticals with the manufacturer.
Overall Rating for the Tunturi C85 Elliptical
This is a high quality machine that’s backed with a decent warranty. It provides plenty of workout options plus streaming video, but it lacks an adjustable stride or power ramp – features that let people target problem areas more specifically. Overall though, the Tunturi C85 provides a wide variety of efficient and entertaining workouts.