Tunturi C30 Elliptical
The Tunturi C30 elliptical is one of Tunturi’s most basic cross trainers. This compact elliptical weighs just 128 pounds and can easily be rolled away for storage. However, customers sacrifice a lot for this convenience. The C30 has some attractive features, but the next model up – the Tunturi C35 – offers a slightly better value.
Elliptical Hits of the Tunturi C30 Cross Trainer
- Movable arms – The arm handles move to support upper-body exercise.
- Programs – This machine offers plenty of workout variety with storage space for 23 programs, some of which are designed by the user.
- Heart rate sensor – A contact heart rate sensor helps users train for the maximum cardiovascular benefit.
- Health information – Heart rate programs, a BMI calculator, and a fat meter are built into the machine.
- Good warranties – Tunturi’s 15-year frame warranty and 3-year parts warranty exceed those of other discount elliptical manufacturers. However, customers have complained that replacement parts don’t arrive in a timely manner.
Elliptical Misses of the Tunturi C30
- Console – Although the two-color console screen is attractive, the information that it displays (e.g., room temperature and humidity) isn’t of interest to indoor exercisers.
- Short stride – The 16” stride doesn’t let all adults use a full, natural stride. Taller users would experience the elliptical as more of a stepping machine.
- Service reviews – Customer reviews suggest that replacement parts take too long to arrive from overseas.
Overall Rating for the Tunturi C30 Elliptical
The Tunturi C30 is not a recommended buy. It has a short stride, silly console readouts, and few resistance levels. The Tunturi C35 has a longer stride and its console provides more useful data. The C45 has a longer stride and better programming.