True Fitness ESX and ESXt Touch Screen Ellipticals
The ESX and ESXt ellipticals are premium cross trainers from True Fitness, one of the most reputable brands in the fitness industry. Both machines boast commercial-grade components and feature top-notch ergonomics. Most notably, they have exceptional 17”-26” strides.
The machines differ in their consoles: the ESX has a standard multicolor LCD and the ESXt has a touch screen display. The ESX elliptical typically retails for $4599 and the touch screen elliptical sells for about $500 more.
Elliptical Hits: Top Features of True ESX and ESXt Cross Trainers
- Adjustable stride – Whereas most elliptical machines have fixed strides, the True Fitness ESXt and ESX can have their strides electronically adjusted from 17” to 26”. This provides two advantages. First, it lets at least 95% of adults use their regular walking stride. Second, it means that people can adjust the machine in order to specially tone different muscle groups; the range of settings lets exercisers take short steps or long glides.
- Adjustable handlebars – The True ESX and ESXt elliptical trainers feature adjustable handlebars. These help tailor the machine to users of different heights and also let people focus on toning different arm muscles. The handlebars can be moved or kept stationary during workouts.
- Comfortable pedals – The pedals have orthopedic cushioning to promote comfort and endurance.
- Sturdiness – These are durable machines with frames made of heavy gauge welded steel. They remain stable for users weighing up to 350 pounds. At the same time, they can be adjusted to fit through a 24”-wide doorway.
- Great workout options – The ESX and ESXt have a variety of preset programs, heart rate control workouts, and the MIX3 system, which lets people exercise just the upper body, just the lower body, or the whole body at once.
- Heart rate monitors – Wireless heart rate monitors make it more convenient to maximize workouts. Users can be sure to exercise within a specified heart rate range, and preset workout programs can automatically adjust in intensity in response to heart rate data.
- Good warranties – True Fitness elliptical warranties stand up well to the competition. The ESX elliptical is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame, ten years on parts, and a year of labor. The touch screen elliptical has the same coverage plus five years of protection on the electronics.
Overall Rating for the True ESX and ESXt Elliptical Trainers
The ESX and ESXt cross trainers can accommodate just about anyone thanks to their adjustable strides, adjustable handlebars, varied programming, and 25 resistance levels. Plus, generous warranty packages help provide peace of mind. If you can afford a True Fitness elliptical, then go for it!