Sunny E806 and E704 Mini Elliptical Trainers
The Sunny E704 Mini Elliptical and the E806 Mini Elliptical with Handlebar are among the smallest elliptical trainers available. While they score a point for convenience, they lack versatility, good ergonomics, and durability. Customers report breakdowns before a year is up, and the very small stride makes this machine more akin to a stairclimber than an elliptical strider. Get one of these for your cubicle at work, and then get something more serious for home workouts.
Elliptical Hits: Best Features of Sunny Mini Elliptical Trainers
- Bidirectional pedals – The pedals can be used in forward and backward motion to target different muscle groups.
- Compact size – At just 17” wide, this machine takes up about as much space as a vacuum cleaner.
- Seated or standing – People can use the Mini E704 and E806 while seated or standing.
- Adjustable handlebar – The Sunny Mini with Handlebar has an adjustable-height handlebar.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Pass on the Sunny Offers
- Short stride – The short stride makes Mini machines much more like stairsteppers than elliptical trainers. Therefore they might not be easy on the knees.
- Unstable – The Mini ellipticals weigh less than 40 pounds. They can’t be expected to remain sturdy for large users.
- Lack of programming – Although users can adjust the resistance, there are no programs to assist with training or track progress over the long run.
Overall Rating for Sunny Fitness Mini E704 and Mini E806 with Handlebar
With its Mini ellipticals, Sunny Fitness tries to appeal to people with limited workout space. These are fun machines to keep at the office for a quick exercise break – but if this is intended for home use and real exercise, the same money would be better spent on a gym membership or put toward a compact or folding elliptical.