Stex 8020EL Elliptical Trainer w/ LCD TV
The STEX 8020EL is a virtually maintenance-free cross
trainer for residential use. This premium model features a patented BioStride footpath, 13 workout programs, and reversible motion. A tiltable 19” LCD TV monitor is included. This unit sells for about $4550 online.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the STEX 8020EL
- Ergonomic stride – STEX supports very low-impact cardiovascular workouts with a Bio-Stride design that can be automatically adjusted to target calves, quads, and glutes. Additionally, people can use the machine in reverse motion to target hamstrings and other muscle groups.
- High quality components – This elliptical requires very little maintenance. Its frame is cast from heavy steel, its drive is electromagnetic, and all components are protected for at least three years from the date of purchase. It can safely support a user weighing up to 397 pounds.
- Heart rate reader – This machine includes a heart rate control program and is compatible with wireless monitors. A grip heart rate monitor is included but a chest strap for wireless monitoring is sold separately.
- Program variety – The 13 programs include six heart rate control programs, six fitness tests, and a cooldown mode. There’s also a body fat calculator.
- Varied challenge levels – The 8020EL offers 25 resistance levels.
- Convenient extras – Customers get an accessory holder for magazines, drinks, and mobile phones. Additionally, the console supports multiple languages and has a Smart Card reader.
- No electricity required – With its self-generating power system, the 8020EL elliptical won’t run up electricity bills. However, an AC adaptor is required to power the TV.
- Great warranty – This commercial Stex elliptical is protected with a lifetime warranty on the frame and alternator, a 3-year components warranty, and a year of labor. A separate two-year warranty can be purchased for the LCD TV.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Think Twice
Shorter stride – While this luxury elliptical offers low-impact workouts, its maximum 18” stride is especially suited to smaller exercisers. Taller people might find themselves making more of a stairclimbing motion than an elliptical motion.
Overall Rating for the Stex 8020EL Elliptical
This Stex 8020EL cross trainer combines high quality parts with TV entertainment. Since its smooth stride is on the shorter end, this machine is best for people about 5’4” and under. Choose the Stex 8020EL for excellent ergonomics, good program variety, audiovisual entertainment, and the confidence of a 3-year warranty on all components.