Star Trac Total Body Trainer
StarTrac Total Body Trainers are commercial-quality ellipticals designed for home use. They have a center drive system that helps people exercise the trunk while moving the arms and legs too.
The StarTrac E-TBT is a high-end machine that emphasizes both exercise and entertainment. Some key features include adjustable resistance in the arm bars and a 15” entertainment screen.
Elliptical Hits of the E-TBT
- High quality – The E-TBT elliptical has high quality electronics, a heavy frame and flywheel, and the overall feel of a commercial fitness machine.
- Long stride –This Total Body Trainer has an 18” stride.
- Heart monitor – Grip heart rate sensors and a Polar heart rate telemetry system are included.
- Entertainment – The StarTrac E-TBT has an iPod® connector, an optional USB power port (optional), and wiring for the E Series PVS entertainment system.
- Warranty – Residential customers get a 10-year warranty on most parts and a limited labor warranty.
Elliptical Misses: Shortcomings of the E-TBT
- Programs – With 8 programs, this cross trainer falls a bit short of others in its price range. Still, it offers enough variation for some users. Programs include Quick Start, Dynamic Heart Rate Control, Constant Heart Rate Control, and Total Body Workout. There are 20 levels of resistance.
- Weight — Customers should note that this machine should stay put. Unlike some other ellipticals, it weighs too much (472 pounds) to be easily moved.
Overall Rating for the StarTrac E-TBT Elliptical
The StarTrac E-TBT is a pricy machine, but customers get a lot for the money! The upper arm training is fabulous; hopefully this feature will become a regular on home ellipticals. Additionally, the built-in fan and 15-inch entertainment screen can help people to significantly extend their workouts. A 10-year warranty supports this fun, challenging, and commercial-quality home fitness machine.