Star Trac Pro Elliptical
StarTrac Pro Ellipticals can support serious athletic training but are also suitable for casual walkers. The StarTrac Pro includes club-quality features: a heavy flywheel, articulating footpads, a high weight capacity, and more.
Elliptical Hits of the StarTrac Pro Elliptical
- High quality – The StarTrac Pro elliptical has high quality electronics, a heavy frame and 30-pound flywheel, and the overall smooth feel of a commercial fitness machine.
- High capacity – This heavy machine supports up to 350 pounds.
- Long stride –With a 20” stride, the Pro can suit people of average and taller heights.
- Articulating footpads – Articulating footpads rotate to support the user’s natural range of motion.
- Heart monitor – Grip heart rate sensors are included, and two heart rate training programs adjust according to the user’s heart rate data.
- Workout fans – Built-in fans help keep exercisers cool.
- Warranty – Residential customers get a 3-year warranty on parts and labor.
Elliptical Misses: Shortcomings of the P-TBT
- Programs – With 8 programs, this cross trainer falls a bit short of others in its price range. Still, it offers enough variation for some users. Programs include Quick Start, Dynamic Heart Rate Control, Constant Heart Rate Control, and Total Body Workout. There are 20 levels of resistance.
- Weight — Unlike some other ellipticals, Pros weigh too much to be easily moved.
Overall Rating for the StarTrac Pro Elliptical Trainer
The StarTrac Pro is a high-quality machine that can make your home gym feel like a professional workout club. For some users, it might actually be too much machine; petite women, for instance, might not need such a heavy drive system and would be better off spending money on other features. In any case, this durable machine can support several years of heavy use.
Another StarTrac elliptical, the Elite Crosstrainer, is identical to the Pro but has a separate resistance system for the upper body.