Star Trac Elite Elliptical Trainer
The StarTrac Elite Crosstrainer is a commercial-quality elliptical. It’s very similar to the StarTrac Pro machine, but the Elite has a separate resistance systems for the arms. By pushing and pulling, users can exercise their backs, chests, biceps, and triceps better than they could with a traditional elliptical.
Elliptical Hits of the StarTrac Elite
In addition to offering exceptional upper body training, the Elite Crosstrainer has these specs:
- High quality – The StarTrac Elite elliptical has high quality electronics, a heavy frame and 30-pound flywheel, and the overall feel of a commercial fitness machine.
- High capacity – This heavy machine supports up to 350 pounds.
- Long stride –With an 18” stride, the Elite can suit adults of almost any height.
- Heart monitor – Grip heart rate sensors are included, and two heart rate training programs adjust according to the user’s heart rate data.
- Workout fans – Built-in fans help keep exercisers cool.
- Warranty – Residential customers get a 3-year warranty on parts and labor.
Elliptical Misses: Shortcomings of the StarTrac Elite Elliptical
- Programs – With 8 programs, this cross trainer falls a bit short of others in its price range. Still, it offers enough variation for some users. Programs include Quick Start, Dynamic Heart Rate Control, Constant Heart Rate Control, and Total Body Workout. There are 20 levels of resistance.
- Weight — Unlike some other ellipticals, Elites weigh too much to be easily moved.
Overall Rating for the StarTrac Elite Elliptical Trainer
The StarTrac Elite has an innovative feature: a separate resistance system for the arms. With other ellipticals, such as the StarTrac Pro, the arms simply follow the motion of the legs; they don’t get special strength training. In addition to the special arm system, the StarTrac Elite elliptical features the elements of a high quality elliptical: a smooth feel, a long stride, and a good warranty.