StarTrac E-TBTe and E-TBTi
StarTrac Total Body Trainers are commercial-quality elliptical machines. Considering their high prices and high capacities, their target market includes hotels, apartment complexes, and wealthier individuals.
A few Total Body Trainers are offered in the E series. The simplest is the E-TBT, which includes an iPod port and is wired to accept special screens. The E-TBTe and E-TBTi add on different 15” screens for watching video. The E-TBTi is a typical high-definition LCD screen, and the E-TBTe is an LCD touchscreen.
Elliptical Hits of the Star Trac E-TBTe and E-TBTi
- Entertainment – The StarTrac E-TBTi and E-TBTe have 15” high-definition LED screens. Their consoles can play video from iPods and similar devices, and the machines are also cable-ready.
- High quality – StarTrac’s Total Body Trainers feature high quality electronics, heavy frames and flywheels, and the overall feel of commercial fitness machines.
- Upper body exercise – The handlebars can be kept stationary or used as part of a full-body workout.
- Heart monitor – Grip heart rate sensors and a Polar heart rate telemetry system are included.
- Green power – The TBTe and TBTi are powered primarily by their users to help save on electricity costs. Additionally, they have ports for recharging Blackberries and other devices during exercise.
- Warranty – Residential customers get a 10-year warranty on most parts and a limited labor warranty. A commercial warranty is also available.
Elliptical Misses: Shortcomings of the StarTrac E-TBTe and E-TBTi
- Programs – With 8 programs, these cross trainers fall a bit short of others in their price category. Still, they offer enough variation for most users – especially since the machines have 20 levels of resistance and can be used bidirectionally. Some program examples include Quick Start, Dynamic Heart Rate Control, Constant Heart Rate Control, and Total Body Workout.
- Heavy machine – Customers should note that Star Trac E-TBT trainers stay put. Unlike some other cross trainers, they weigh too much (472 pounds) to be easily moved.
Overall Rating for the StarTrac E-TBTi and E-TBTe Ellipticals
The StarTrac E-TBTe and E-TBTi are luxury ellipticals. They’re ideal for commercial use and for individuals with plenty of disposable income. Of course, an integrated TV – much less a touchscreen TV – is hardly a workout necessity. But if you can justify spending the money on a StarTrac E-TBTi or E-TBTe cross trainer, you probably won’t regret your purchase. A generous warranty supports this challenging, entertaining, and durable fitness machine.