Stamina Dual Action Elite Programmable Elliptical Stepper (55-2065)
The Dual Action Elliptical Stepper (55-2065) is a combination elliptical trainer and stairstepper. The handlebars move with a cross-country skiing motion to provide a full-body workout.
Elliptical Hits: Best Features of the Stamina Dual Action Elite Stepper Elliptical
- Adjustable stride – The “dual action” feature is similar to what other brands call an adjustable stride. It lets people target different muscle groups. The stride is manually adjusted with knobs on the pedals.
- Magnetic resistance – Magnetic resistance is an improvement over the brand’s Air Resistance models, which are noisier and not as smooth.
- Upper body exercise – The handlebars are movable to help increase calorie expenditure.
- Program variety – Twelve programs are included with the console, plus there’s space to save four user-designed workouts.
- Useful readouts – The console displays time, height, weight, RPM, speed, MPH, distance, fat percentage, calories burned, and metabolic rate.
- Heart rate monitor – Hand pulse sensors help users exercise within their best heart rate ranges.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Look Elsewhere
- Cheap components – Customers complain of broken electronics and wobbly frames after just a few months of using the Stamina Dual Action Elliptical.
- Short home warranty – These Stamina machines have limited 5-year frame warranties and 1-year parts warranties.
Overall Rating for the Stamina Dual Action Elite Elliptical Stepper
Stamina’s Dual Action elliptical offers good program variety, but this machine scores far below its competitors. The combination of low-quality components and a short warranty make it not worth trying at $1000+.