ST Fitness Total Body Trainer 4830
The Total Body Trainer 4830 with LCD TV is a high quality workout machine for residential use. In addition to supporting superior low-impact workouts, it has a 7” entertainment screen that’s compatible with VCRs, DVD players, gaming consoles, and similar devices.
Elliptical Hits of the ST TBT 4830 Elliptical
- Entertainment – Unlike the 4810, the 4830 Total Body Trainer has a 7” color screen. It’s compatible with DVD players, gaming consoles, and other electronics.
- High quality – This Total Body Trainer houses high quality electronics and a heavy flywheel. It weighs 177 pounds and has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Upper body exercise – The handlebars can be kept stationary or used as part of a full-body workout.
- Heart monitor – A contact heart rate monitor is included and can be integrated with four special heart rate workout programs. Wireless telemetry may also be available.
- Programs – Customers get 12 preset programs, 4 heart rate control programs, and room to save four self-designed workouts. There are 16 resistance levels.
- OK warranty – The residential warranty includes a lifetime frame warranty for US customers (30 years for Canadian customers), two years on mechanical and electronic parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Think Twice about the 4830 Total Body Trainer
This cross trainer’s 18” stride is best for shorter users, adults approximately 5’4” and under.
Overall Rating for the ST TBT 4830 with LCD TV
The TBT can be used as the centerpoint of an at-home exercise regimen. It has ample programming, good ergonomics, and video/gaming entertainment. If the 18” stride won’t suit your frame, you might be interested in other TBTs such as the 4860 with a 19” stride.
There’s also a luxury E Series of Total Body Trainers. The E-TBTe and E-TBTi have 15” video screens and are powered primarily by their users to help save on electricity costs.