ST Fitness 8310 Recumbent Elliptical
The Stridewell 8310 is one of two recumbent ellipticals by ST Fitness. The Stridewell 8310 Recumbent Elliptical is a simpler version of the light commercial 8320. Both machines are designed to let people sit while exercising their arms and legs, thus offering an even lower-impact workout than regular elliptical machines. Recumbent ellipticals may be especially recommended to people who have back trouble or joint pain.
Elliptical Hits of the 8310 Recumbent Cross Trainer
- Sturdy frame – ST Fitness 8310 weighs 304 pounds and can support a user weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Heart rate system – Grip sensors are included and the telemetric system is compatible with Polar wireless monitors.
- Multiple strides and arm motions – Users can choose from 17 seat adjustments and 5 arm adjustments.
- Heavy drive – ST Fitness ellipticals have above-average flywheels for their price range.
- Great warranty – The warranty for US and Canadian residential customers is 50 years on the frame, 3 years on mechanical and electronic parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses of the 8310 TBT
- Short stride – Users are limited to a 12” stride.
- Programs – The 8310 has only six programs, including three heart rate programs. There are 16 levels of intensity.
Overall Rating for the ST Fitness 8310 Elliptical
The ST Fitness 8310 is a great machine for people who can’t use traditional upright ellipticals. It’s low on programs, so you might want to park this machine in front of the TV or lean back with a good book. The 8310 has a strong drive and can be expected to last a lifetime. As for price, ST Fitness seems to have noticed that there are few recumbent ellipticals on the market. See the Octane XR6 for comparison.