ST Fitness 4860 Total Body Trainer
The 4860 is a mid-level Total Body Trainer from ST Fitness. It features a wireless heart rate monitor, a quiet glide, and a 19” stride. The 4860 TBT also has a self-contained power supply, so it can be placed anywhere in the home.
Elliptical Hits of the 4860 Total Body Trainer
- Self-contained power – The ST Fitness 4860 has an AC adaptor, but it can also be operated away from a power source.
- Good strides – The 19” stride is just right for most adults.
- Heavy drives – ST Fitness ellipticals have above-average drives for their price range.
- Heart rate system – Pulse is taken through a wireless heart rate sensor.
- Extras – The unit includes a water bottle holder and transport wheels.
- Good warranty – The warranty for US residential customers is 50 years on the frame, 5 years on mechanical and electronic parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses of the 4860 TBT
- Wide pedal spacing – These machines have 3.5” pedal spacing. Physical trainers generally recommend that women, because of their hip shape, use machines with less space between pedals.
- Few programs – This machine has four heart rate programs and one custom profile.
Overall Rating for the ST Fitness 4860 Elliptical
The ST Fitness 4860 has some nice features for a lower-priced elliptical, such as a color display and a wireless heart rate monitor. Still, it just doesn’t compare to the competition. Some drawbacks include a higher step-on height, wider spacing between the pedals, and few programs. Like other ellipticals by ST Fitness, it’s only a recommended purchase when it’s on sale. For a few hundred more, the 4870 is available with a 7″ multi-color LCD display that’s compatible with DVD players, gaming consoles, and similar products.