SportsArt E821 Elliptical
The SportsArt E821 is a high-quality elliptical for residential and light commercial use. While it’s simpler than the E830 and others in its series, this machine has great basics for serious athletes.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the SportsArt E821 Elliptical Trainer
- Variable stride – The E821’s stride can be electronically adjusted from 17” to 26”. This versatility makes the machine suitable for more than 95% of adults, and it also lets each person use the machine in a number of ways to target different muscle groups.
- Auto-cushion pedals – This model’s patented MyFlex™ pedal cushioning system detects user weight and automatically adjusts to provide optimal support.
- Heavy frame – This solid steel machine weighs more than 280 pounds and has a user weight capacity of 400 pounds.
- Varied workout options – An adequate variety of well-designed workouts includes heart rate control programming, interval training, and more. Three programs use the electronically variable stride to target different muscle groups.
- Heart rate monitor – A wireless heart rate monitor is included.
- Good warranties – Two warranty plans are available. Residential customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame, ten years on mechanical parts, and five years on electronic parts. For commercial customers, the parts warranties are reduced to two years.
Elliptical Misses: Why SportsArt Isn’t for Everyone
- Average to wider pedal spacing — One possible drawback for users with sensitive hips is the pedal spacing, which isn’t optimized for long workouts.
- Higher step-on – The pedals are placed 13 inches from the floor, which could be uncomfortable for some older people and those with knee trouble.
Overall Rating for the SportsArt Elliptical E821
The E821 cross trainer has a highly adjustable stride, durable parts, and a long warranty. Along with the E822 – which doesn’t require electricity — this machine probably provides the best value of all the SportsArt commercial products. The top-of-the-line unit, the E830, is essentially the same machine but has additional programs and an even longer stride range.