SportsArt Fitness E81 Elliptical
The SportsArt 81 elliptical is a very well-built machine. It features a 19” stride, a high weight capacity, and a good warranty. However, it’s the simplest elliptical in SportsArt’s current lineup. For a machine with more appeal, see the E83 or the E830.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the SportsArt E81 Elliptical Trainer
- Long stride – The 19” stride provides a healthy range of motion for most adults.
- Heavy frame – Solid steel contributes to this machine’s heft. The machine weighs 167 pounds and can support users weighing up to 400 pounds.
- Varied workout options – Owners get a variety of preset workouts plus a heart rate control program and a manual mode.
- Heart rate monitor – A wireless pulse monitor is included.
- Good warranty – Customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years on mechanical parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Skip the SportsArt E81
- Wide pedal spacing — One possible drawback for users with sensitive hips is the pedal spacing, which isn’t designed for optimal hip placement.
- Lack of entertainment – SportsArt doesn’t offer entertainment options on its ellipticals. If you require distractions during exercise, then check out another brand or park this trainer in front of the TV.
- Fixed stride – This machine offers a healthy stride, but all other SportsArt trainers have adjustable strides that help people target different parts of the legs.
Overall Rating for the SportsArt E81 Elliptical
The E81 is a durable and basic elliptical trainer. It provides a good variety of challenging workouts, but some people will miss the distractions offered by other brands such as Precor and Smooth Fitness.
For the SportsArt upgrade, which has a manually adjustable stride, see the E83. Electronically adjustable strides are offered on the SportsArt E821 and some others in the E800 series.