The durable XE700 is one of Spirit’s top elliptical trainers. Compared with the XE500, it has an even higher user weight capacity and a longer warranty. Additionally, it has a self-contained generator so that a power cord isn’t needed.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Spirit XE700
- Durability – This 233-pound machine has a 450-pound user weight capacity.
- Incline – The power ramp helps exercisers target different muscle groups and burn calories more quickly.
- Long stride – Like most Spirit ellipticals, this model has a long 20” stride.
- Heavy flywheel – The Spirit XE700 has a 30-pound flywheel to promote an ultra-smooth ride.
- Ergonomic pedals – The Spirit’s pedals include cranks for customized angling.
- Extras: The Spirit XE700 cross trainer includes heart rate monitoring, child safety features, a bottle holder, and an integrated cooling fan.
- Great warranty – Residential owners of the Spirit XE700 elliptical get a lifetime warranty on the frame, incline motor, and brake plus ten years of coverage on other parts. A light commercial warranty is also available.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Pass on the Spirit XE Series
- Limited programming – If highly varied programming is prominent on your list of elliptical needs, then the XE series isn’t for you. Each model includes six preset programs, two programs with heart rate control, and space for two user-designed routines. However, there are 20 resistance levels to provide a variety of challenges.
- Size – At about six feet long, this elliptical is longer than many of its competitors.
Overall Rating for the Spirit XE700 Elliptical
The Spirit XE700 is a well-constructed machine with a colorful but simple display, an incline, and a 20” stride. It’s very similar to the XE500, which is a better buy for people who don’t need the XE700’s 450-pound weight capacity.
For a top-of-the-line Spirit with additional preset programs, see the Espirit EL7.