The Spirit XE400 is a mid-level machine in Spirit’s XE elliptical lineup. It’s essentially the same as the XE295, but it includes a power incline to enhance workout efficiency and better tone the body. Like other members of the XE series, the SpiritXE400 includes child safety software, a bottle holder, and an integrated cooling fan.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Spirit XE400
- Durability – This 235-pound machine has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Incline – The power incline can be adjusted up to a fifteen degree angle to help people target different muscle groups and burn calories more quickly.
- Long stride – Like most Spirit ellipticals, this model has a long 20” stride.
- Handlebar controls – The machine’s resistance can conveniently be altered via buttons built into the handlebars.
- Heavy flywheel – The Spirit XE400 has a 30-pound flywheel to promote an ultra-smooth ride.
- Ergonomic pedals – The Spirit’s pedals are inclined two degrees to promote comfort.
- Great warranty – Original owners of the Spirit XE400 get a lifetime warranty on the frame, incline motor, and brake plus ten years of coverage on other parts.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Pass on the Spirit XE Series
Limited programming – If highly varied programming is prominent on your list of elliptical needs, then the XE series isn’t for you. Each model includes six preset programs, two with heart rate control, and space for two user-designed routines. There are 20 resistance levels.
Overall Rating for the Spirit XE400 Elliptical
The Spirit XE400 adds a power incline to the durability and smooth ride of the XE295. An incline can be a great investment, as it helps people get significant exercise results more quickly. Spirit also includes a generous warranty; lifetime incline warranties are rare in the fitness equipment industry.
If you like the Spirit XE400’s durability and ergonomics but want more workout options, check out Spirit’s Esprit EL series with elliptical models such as the Espirit EL-7.