Spirit EL1 Elliptical
The Spirit EL1 is a very basic but solid elliptical trainer. It’s the entry-level model of the brand’s Esprit line.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Spirit Esprit EL1
- Durability – This is a sturdy, long-lasting fitness machine. It weighs nearly 200 pounds and has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Average stride – The 18” stride permits a natural range of motion for shorter to average-height users.
- Heavy flywheels – The 24-pound flywheel beats other basic ellipticals and helps provide a smooth ride.
- Ergonomic pedals – This machine has oversized footplates for comfort, and its pedals are tilted to support natural rotation of the ankles.
- Extras – This is a pretty basic machine, but it does have a water bottle holder and contact heart rate sensors.
- Good warranty – Customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake and three years of coverage on other parts.
Elliptical Misses: Improving the Spirit Esprit EL1
- Limited console – The EL1 has only 8 pre-set programs and 16 resistance levels.
Overall Rating for the EL1 Elliptical
Spirit’s Esprit EL-1 has nothing to be ashamed of. It’s a well-built machine that can provide years of trouble-free use, and it’s powerful enough for serious exercisers. Some users would prefer a cross trainer with additional programs, incline training, or built-in entertainment, but those who just want a basic elliptical will probably be pleased.