Spirit EL 455 Elliptical
The Spirit EL455 elliptical falls between the EL355 and the EL555. Its enhancements over the EL355 include adjustable pedal angles, a heavier flywheel, and dual rails (instead of a single rail) for smoother motion.
Elliptical Hits: Better Features of the Spirit EL455
- 20” stride – The 20” stride is long enough for the majority of adults.
- Angled pedals – Pedals can be tilted to three positions for comfort.
- Heavy flywheel – This elliptical’s 30-pound flywheel provides an exceptionally smooth ride, especially when combined with the EL455’s dual chrome rails.
- Heart rate monitor – Grip pulse sensors are built into the handlebars and can be used with two heart rate workouts.
- Sound system – Users can attach an MP3 player and hear their music through the elliptical’s speaker.
- Good warranty – Spirit customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake plus three years of coverage on other parts. The company pays labor expenses for the first year.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Pass on the Spirit EL455
- Limited programming – This elliptical trainer only has seven preset workouts and space for two user-designed workouts.
Overall Rating for the Spirit EL455 Elliptical
The Spirit EL455 delivers an exceptionally smooth glide and includes a good warranty. It’s a better machine than the EL355, but the EL555 may be a better option. This top-of-the-line cross trainer includes an incline to help target different muscle groups.
Want an elliptical with plenty of programs? Check out the ICON brands. ICON manufactures NordicTrack
and other ellipticals with iFit, a technology that lets people access new workouts and virtual personal training.