Spirit CE800 Elliptical
With 40 levels of resistance and ten built-in programs, the Spirit CE800 offers remarkable versatility. This mid-priced elliptical trainer is built to withstand many years of residential or light commercial use. It features a sturdy steel frame, a heavy flywheel, and a long warranty. Over time, the CE800 offers much better value than cheaper ellipticals do.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Spirit CE800
- Durability – This 245-pound machine has a 450-pound user weight capacity.
- Healthy stride – Like most Spirit cross trainers, this model has a long 20” stride and ergonomic pedals.
- Heavy flywheel – The Spirit CE800 has a 30-pound (13.5 kg) flywheel to promote an ultra-smooth ride.
- Extras: The Spirit CE800 cross trainer includes telemetric and contact heart rate monitoring, an accessory tray, a bottle holder, and an integrated cooling fan.
- Great warranty – Residential owners of the Spirit CE800 elliptical get a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake plus ten years of coverage on electronics and other parts. A light commercial warranty is also available.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Pass on the Spirit XE Series
- Size – With its 78”x28” footprint, this elliptical has a relatively large footprint for a home machine.
Overall Rating for the Spirit CE800 Elliptical
The Spirit CE800 features high-quality basics to withstand years of training. With 40 levels of resistance and a 20” stride, it’s suitable for a wide range of fitness levels and body sizes. A special if not so exciting feature is its 30-pound flywheel, which is well-balanced and provides an extra-smooth ride.
People considering this unit might also be interested in the Yowza Sanibel. It has similar warranty options but also features an adjustable 18”-32” stride and has an iPod port.