Smooth Fitness VT 3.4 Elliptical
Smooth Fitness VT 3.4 Elliptical Review –A Solid Mid-Priced Vertical Trainer
The Smooth Fitness VT 3.4 elliptical is the only “vertical trainer” in Smooth’s lineup for 2013. It provides traditional elliptical workouts and also adjusts to be a stair-stepper. It has an adjustable stride to fit different family members and can be used at 16 intensity levels.
Smooth’s regular elliptical machines for 2013, this unit supports MySmooth interactive video workouts and has a SmoothSound speaker system that works with MP3 players.
The Smooth VT 3.4 is sold with an industry-leading warranty and a 60-day money-back guarantee. We’ve seen this model online for as low as $1299.
Click here for a Special Offer on the Smooth Fitness VT 3.4 Vertical Trainer/Elliptical
Elliptical Hits of the Smooth VT 3.4
- Program variety – The 3.4 VT has a console with 15 programs, including two that use heart rate data to adjust the challenge. It can also be used with MySmooth, an interactive video exercise system that uses a tablet computer (not included). With MySmooth you can virtually experience beautiful natural settings as you exercise, especially if you connect the tablet to a larger screen. Your elliptical trainer will adjust to the terrain that you’re virtually crossing.
- Adjustable stride – The stride can be manually adjusted from 18” to 21” to fit just about any adult trainee.
- Moving handlebars – Arm bars on the Smooth VT 3.4 can be kept stationary or moved for a complete body workout that burns about double the calories of just lower body exercise alone.
- Handlebar controls – Handlebar controls let you adjust the elliptical’s resistance during workouts.
- Heavy drive – A heavy flywheel promotes Smooth’s famously smooth and quiet ride.
- Heart rate monitor – A wireless heart rate monitoring system is included.
- Speakers – You can amplify your favorite music with the SmoothSound audio system.
- Size & stability – Despite its compact footprint of just 60″L x 28″W, this fitness machine weighs 220 pounds and has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- Excellent warranty – Owners of the Smooth VT 3.4 elliptical get a lifetime warranty on the frame and braking system, five years of protection for all parts & electronics, and two years of in-home labor. Additional parts protection is being offered for free for a limited time.
There’s nothing “wrong” with the 3.4 VT, but other Smooth machines look like slightly better deals. The stairstepping option is appealing but it’s not unique. You can get the same effect with a traditional elliptical trainer that includes hill climbing or similar preset programs.
Overall Rating for the Smooth Fitness VT 3.4 Elliptical
The Smooth VT 3.4 elliptical machine earns a positive review. It’s only outshadowed by the fantastic review we’ve given the Smooth CE 9.0, which is a regular elliptical trainer with adjustable stride. If your heart is set on a vertical trainer, then the VT 3.4 is a good value. The programming, ergonomics and warranty make it worth the investment of about $1299.