Smooth Fitness C E 9.5 Elliptical
Smooth Fitness CE 9.5 Elliptical Review – Tablet-Based Training for 2013
The Smooth CE 9.5 elliptical tops Smooth’s lineup for 2013. It combines the brand’s superior ergonomics with MySmooth, which is a video exercise system that works with your tablet computer and, optionally, a big screen TV. As terrain changes in the MySmooth video, the CE 9.5’s resistance changes too. You can virtually travel through beautiful natural settings such as the Swiss Alps and Crater Lake, Oregon.
Other highlights of the Smooth CE 9.5 are 35 standard elliptical programs (no tablet required), a 19” to 24” adjustable stride, and an industry-leading warranty.
Click here for a Special Offer on the Smooth Fitness CE 9.5 Elliptical Trainer
Elliptical Hits of the Smooth CE 9.5
- Green power – This elliptical is cordless and won’t contribute to your energy bills.
- Adjustable stride – The stride can be manually adjusted from 19” to 24”.
- Moving handlebars — Arm bars on the Smooth CE 9.5 can be left stationary or moved to get a total body workout.
- Handlebar controls — Handlebar controls let you easily adjust the resistance during workouts.
- Heavy drive – Smooth Fitness ellipticals have heavy flywheels to provide a smooth ride.
- Program variety – This unit can be used with MySmooth, which is an interactive video exercise system that uses a tablet computer. The trainer is also equipped with 35 workout programs, including a fitness test, which are accessed from a traditional elliptical screen. There are 24 resistance levels.
- Heart rate monitors – Wireless and contact heart rate monitors are included. These can be used with four built-in target heart rate workout programs.
- Speakers – Amplify tunes from your tablet or MP3 player with the SmoothSound audio system.
- Stability – This sturdy elliptical trainer weighs 320 pounds and has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Excellent warranty – Owners of the Smooth CE 9.5 elliptical get a lifetime warranty on the frame and braking system, eight years of protection for all parts & electronics, and two years in-home labor. This is absolutely an industry-leading warranty, plus for a limited time Smooth is adding another two years of parts protection.
This elliptical trainer requires lots of space. It’s just 26” wide but nearly 7 feet long.
Overall Rating for the Smooth Fitness CE 9.5 Elliptical
The Smooth CE 9.5 elliptical trainer almost gets five stars in our review. It’s an excellent fitness machine but you’ll get better value with the Smooth CE 9.0, which is almost identical. The 9.5 costs a few hundred more. The main differences are a 24” stride versus a 23” stride, and 35 programs versus 33 programs.