SciFit SX7000 and SXT7000 Ellipticals
The SciFit SX7000 and SXT7000 are premium cross trainers made in the USA. Like all SciFit products, they were designed with insights from physical rehabilitation and are suitable for a wide range of users. The 7000 models are upgrades to the highly rated SX1000 in that they have commercial warranties and BioFlex pedals. The patented pedals move heat away from the body and articulate to reduce fatigue.
Since SciFit trainers have shorter gaits, they’re recommended for smaller exercisers. Some special features of the SX7000 and SXT7000 include forward and reverse motion, self-generating power, and an incredible 200 levels of resistance. The SXT7000 also has a battery backup for the console, whereas the other models rely exclusively on user-generated energy.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the SciFit SX and SXT 7000 Elliptical Trainers
- Varied programming – Hill programs, strength programs, and others are built into the machines. An infinite variety of workouts are possible with the random mode, and an especially useful program is the cardio trainer, which adjusts in accordance with the heart rate monitor’s input. Furthermore, an optional Fit Key, which looks like a flash drive, guides users through personal training programs.
- Durability – SciFit products are made of high quality components, not cheap plastic parts. The SX7000 weighs 235 pounds and the SXT weighs 250 pounds. They both have user weight capacities of 400 pounds.
- Various power options – The SX version is powered entirely by the user. The SXT also harnesses user power but has a backup battery to power the console for a longer time after exercise has ceased. Both machines are cordless.
- Reverse stride – With a reverse stride, people can alternate movement every 30 seconds or so and keep their muscles constantly challenged.
- Compact size – SciFit ellipticals have small footprints (about 60”x30”) for residential use.
- Upper body exercise – Movable handlebars give users the option of exercising their arms and legs at the same time.
- Good warranty – Customers in Canada, the US, and the UK get three years of commercial coverage on parts and a year of labor.
Overall Rating for the SciFit SXT7000 and SX7000 Elliptical Trainers
SciFit crosstrainers offer great ergonomics, highly varied programming, and durability. As SciFit’s top-of-the-line trainers, the 7000 group offers excellent features that not everybody needs. People who only use an elliptical machine for 20 minutes or so at a time would probably be satisfied with the SX1000. Others would prefer the SX7000 or SXT7000 cross
trainers for their extra-comfortable pedals.