Schwinn 428P Elliptical
The Schwinn 428P is a
durable and affordable elliptical trainer. It’s short on programming – it includes only 6 preset programs – but with a bidirectional footpath and16 resistance levels, it’s more challenging than then 418.
Elliptical Hits of the Schwinn 428P Cross Trainer
- Full stride – The 428P has an 18” stride that works in both forward and reverse motion to target different muscle groups. Taller people can get a good workout on this machine, but the elliptical movement might feel choppy.
- Articulating footplates – The pedals on Schwinn ellipticals pivot to support a user’s natural motion. This helps to reduce fatigue during workouts and makes good ergonomic sense.
- Heart rate sensors – Telemetric and contact heart rate sensors help users train in their ideal heart rate zones for cardiovascular health. These sensors can be used in conjunction with the 428P’s heart rate training workouts.
- Higher capacity – With its 300-pound user weight capacity, this unit has a slightly higher user weight capacity than the Schwinn 418, which is marked for 275 pounds.
- Good warranty – Customers get a 30-year warranty on the frame, a three-year warranty on mechanical parts, a two-year warranty on electrical parts, and free labor for the first year.
Overall Rating for the Schwinn 428P Elliptical
The durable Schwinn 428P is a nice upgrade to the 418 in terms of providing a more challenging workout. It moves in two directions and has double the resistance options. Still, some people should pass on this machine – especially taller people and those who’d tire of having just six programs.