Reebok Stride Select RL6.0 Elliptical
Reebok Stride Select RL6.0 Elliptical Review – A Low-Budget Elliptical Trainer
Click here for a Special Offer on the Reebok Stride Select RL6.0 Elliptical
The Reebok Stride Select RL6.0 is a very low-priced elliptical trainer. It has 18 built-in workouts, an iFit workout card reader for personal training, and a manually adjustable ramp.
This product receives just two of five stars in our elliptical review. Too many customers have reported shoddy parts and poor engineering.
What to buy instead: For the same price of $999 you can buy the durable Vision X10. It has a long stride, a heavy flywheel and a great warranty. NordicTrack and Sole also offer better products for similar prices.
Elliptical Hits of the Reebok Stride Select RL6.0 Elliptical
What’s the appeal of the Reebok RL6.0? Here are some selling points:
- Oversized cushioned pedals – Oversized pedals let people adjust their feet to find a comfortable stride, and they allow for repositioning to avoid discomfort. The cushioning also helps reduce fatigue.
- Programs – This Reebok has 18 built-in workout programs ranging from 20 to 45 minutes in length. Eight are focused on weight loss and ten are focused on performance.
- iFit card reader – The iFit card reader lets owners get virtually unlimited personal training workouts. Exercise cards are sold separately and contain eight weeks of customizable exercise sessions.
- Workout fan – A console fan is well-positioned for people of average to taller heights.
- Compact size – The SpaceSaver design lets you fold the machine to free up floor space. Some customers find the folding system a bit unwieldy though because of the elliptical’s weight.
- Stride length — The stride length isn’t advertised, which isn’t a good sign. A comfortable and natural elliptical stride should be the main selling point of an elliptical trainer.
- Smaller range – This discount elliptical trainer has 14 resistance levels, but 20 is standard. It likely has a light flywheel and a relatively low maximum watts.
- Heart monitor – A hand grip heart rate monitor is included. Customers have complained that it’s so inaccurate, it’s useless!
Overall Rating for the Reebok Stride Select RL6.0 Elliptical
Although some customers’ reviews have been positive, we aren’t comfortable recommending this elliptical trainer. Just a few drawbacks are its noise level and an inaccurate heart rate monitor. We’d also like to see data about the stride, flywheel and warranty. It’s odd that those aren’t made prominent. For better options at the same price, see the Vision Fitness X10 or the lineups by Sole Fitness and NordicTrack.