Reebok RL 1000 ZX Elliptical
The Reebok RL 1000 ZX is a nice budget elliptical: it’s loaded with features and gets positive customer reviews. Nonetheless, its short warranty is a drawback. Here are some specs:
Elliptical Hits of the Reebok RL 1000 ZX
- Comfortable pedals – Oversized, cushioned pedals help support long workouts, and the option to position feet differently lets exercisers isolate different muscles.
- Programs – The Reebok 1000 includes 20 personal trainer workout programs plus an Audio CrossTrainer, which is a virtual fitness coach that leads users through strength-training and cardiovascular exercises.
- Motorized incline – This special feature tilts exercisers by up to 30 degrees to promote faster calorie burning and the targeting of different muscle groups.
- Short stride –The 16” stride is good for most short to average-height users. A special feature of this machine lets users change the dimensions of the ellipse, so more people can get a good range of motion. However, tall people might feel as if they’re using a stairclimber more than an elliptical.
- Heart monitor – An EKG grip pulse sensor is included.
- Entertainment – An MP3-compatible music port is built into the console.
- Poor warranty – Reebok’s 90-day warranty is substandard for the home fitness industry.
Overall Rating for the Reebok RL 1000 Elliptical
The Reebok 1000 offers a short to medium stride, different elliptical motions, and a great variety of workout programs. Its combination of a steep incline and MP3 player is rare for a budget elliptical. Unfortunately, the RL 1000 is sold with a very short warranty. Customers might be better off purchasing ellipticals from Sole Fitness or other brands with longer warranties, but the Reebok 1000 elliptical will probably provide several years of use.