Quantum Fitness Q-210H & Q-210C
Quantum cross trainers are made by Quantum Fitness, a Texas-based company that started out by producing physical therapy devices. The Quantum Stride Q-210H is an upper-end elliptical for home use. It’s very similar to the Quantum Stride Q-210C, which is an elliptical made for club or clinic use.
Both types of Quantum ellipticals feature heavy duty frames, high quality parts, and full strides. In addition, the commercial Q-210C has a reading rack, two more programs, additional resistance levels, and a shorter warranty.
Elliptical Hits of the Quantum Q-210H
- High quality – The Quantum Q-210H, like the commercial Q-210C, has high-end features such as steel frames and sealed ball bearings.
- Self-generating power – Quantum cross trainers have self-generating power. They can conveniently be used far away from power outlets, and they won’t add to electricity bills.
- Full stride –Quantum ellipticals have generous 21” strides.
- Compact size – Quantum ellipticals are just 44” long. They are the smallest ellipticals available with full strides.
- High capacity – The Q-210C and Q-210H weigh 305 pounds each and have user capacities of 400 pounds.
- Narrow pedal spacing – The small 1.75” spacing between pedals is ideal for protecting hip joints and knee joints.
- Programs – The Stride Q-210H has 12 workout programs that provide plenty of variety. Options include manual, random, hill, interval, 5K, and weight loss programs. Twenty levels of resistance are available. The Stride Q-210C has 14 programs and thirty levels of resistance.
- Heart monitor – Wireless heart monitors are sold separately.
- Good warranty – Quantum residential elliptical purchases are protected with a lifetime warranty on the frame, a 5-year parts warranty, and a year of labor. The commercial parts warranty covers three years.
- Price – There’s no doubt that high-quality ellipticals are coming out of Houston. Quantums seems overpriced nonetheless.
Overall Rating for Quantum Ellipticals
The Q-210H has the same high-quality components of the commercial Q-210C, and both machines were engineered with the insight of Quantum Fitness’s physical therapy experience. These cross trainers have long strides, cushioned pedals, and good program variety. However, comparable machines can often be purchased for less. Some other brands to consider include Smooth and Sole.