ProForm StrideSelect 500 LE with One-Step SpaceSaver
The ProForm One-Step SpaceSaver 500 is an elliptical with an 18” maximum stride. The StrideSelect feature gives the option of using two shorter strides as well. This elliptical does not include movable handlebars.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the ProForm SpaceSaver 500 Cross Trainer
- Preset workouts – Six preset workouts and four weight loss programs are included.
- Three-position stride – A three-position adjustable stride helps people target different muscle groups. However, the maximum stride of this machine – 18” – is too short for most users. The three positions don’t offer a a true elliptical stride for taller people and make the machine feel more like a stairclimber.
- Heart rate monitor – Grip pulse sensors are built into the handlebars.
Elliptical Misses of the ProForm One-Step 500 Elliptical
- No cross training – Most elliptical trainers have movable handlebars. By using upper-body workout bars on an elliptical machine, people can double calorie expenditure and tone their arms, chest, back, and torso while also exercising the lower body.
- Resistance – The ProForm SpaceSaver only offers ten resistance levels. Sixteen or twenty levels is the norm on home ellipticals.
- Low capacity – The One-Step SpaceSaver 500 has an advertised 250-pound user weight capacity.
- Warranty – This machine has a poor warranty for its price: just a year on parts and labor. The frame is guaranteed for 10 years.
Overall Rating for the ProForm One-Step SpaceSaver 500 Elliptical with StrideSelect
The One-Step SpaceSaver 500 has a sleek, attractive design that fits smaller workout areas. Other than that, it doesn’t have much to offer – and plenty of other compact ellipticals are available. Drawbacks of this machine include its lack of a cross training option, its short stride, and a short warranty.