ProForm iSeries 800 LE
The ProForm iSeries 800 elliptical provides a good combination of entertainment and ergonomic exercise at a low price. However, this 18”-stride machine is best for users about 5’4” and under.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the iSeries 800
- 18” stride – This stride is natural for many shorter to average-height adults.
- Upper body workout – Movable handlebars help provide a more intense and full-body cardio workout.
- Workout variety – The iSeries 800 includes two interactive video games – Calorie Destroyer and Fat Blocker – that get easier to play when people work out with more effort. It’s also sold with 12 personal trainer workouts.
- Sound system – ProForm’s iSeries 800 includes an MP3 player port and speaker system.
- Heart rate monitor – An EKG heart rate monitor is included.
- Warranty – This machine has a poor warranty: just a year on parts and labor plus ten years on the frame. However, it’s not such a bad warranty when the machine has a low sale price.
- Resistance – The 480LE only offers twelve resistance levels. Sixteen or twenty levels is the norm.
Overall Rating for the ProForm iSeries 800 Elliptical
The iSeries 800 is a pretty good machine. Other three-star machines might be more durable, but this machine is more fun! It’s an especially good option for beginners who can benefit from the personal training guidance and motivational video games. However, people who need a 20” stride should check out the ProForm 890E.