ProForm 990 CSE Elliptical
The ProForm 990 CSE is an affordable upgrade to the popular 980 CSE. Its main enhancements are iFit compatibility and an adjustable 18”-20” stride. This elliptical cross trainer sells for about $1000 online.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the 990 CSE Elliptical
- Adjustable stride – The long adjustable stride helps makes the 990 CSE ideal for a wide range of users. When used in combination with the incline, it lets people use a wide range of strides that tone different muscle groups.
- Incline – The pedals can be inclined electronically to provide an even more challenging workout. The incline options range from 10 to 30 degrees.
- Heart rate monitor – A dual grip heart rate monitor helps users train within the best zone for cardiovascular health.
- Program variety – Twenty workout programs are built into the console to help with toning and performance. Additionally, customers can pay a subscription fee to benefit from the machine’s wireless iFit workout program technology. iFit lets exercisers virtually exercise with Google Maps routes, download personal training workouts, and access other motivating exercise features.
- Workout fan – A convenient console fan helps exercisers keep cool.
Elliptical Miss: Why it’s Not a Five-Star Fitness Machine
- The warranty – Customers get lifetime protection on the frame and one year of coverage for parts and labor. It could be worse — some cheaper ellipticals have just 90 day parts warranties — but for $1000, some customers would expect a longer parts warranty.
Overall Rating for the ProForm 990 CSE Elliptical
The ProForm 990 CSE is an excellent option for beginners and more serious athletes alike. For a relatively low price, it offers exceptional program variety, sixteen training levels, and an incline. It’s especially intended for exercisers interested in using iFit personal training or using an adjustable stride. Others might prefer ProForm’s cheaper 980 CSE, which has a fixed stride and isn’t WiFi compatible.