ProForm 925 SpaceSaver Elliptical
The ProForm 925 SpaceSaver is a foldable cross-trainer. It includes 6 personal trainer programs and includes upper arm training. This is a good enough starter machine, but better compact trainers are available for just a few hundred dollars more.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the 925 SpaceSaver
- Space saving design – The pedals and base can be folded vertically for easy storage.
- Adjustable stride – Three stride lengths help users target different muscle groups.
- Workout variety – The 925 SpaceSaver has ten training programs, and six are personal trainer workouts. Two of these focus on the upper body, two are just for the lower body, and two are full body workouts. That’s not many programs for an elliptical trainer in general, but it’s pretty good for a folding unit.
- Heart rate monitor – A dual grip heart rate monitor helps users train within the best zone for cardiovascular health.
- Workout fan – A convenient console fan helps exercisers keep cool.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Pass Up the ProForm 925
- Warranty – This machine has a poor warranty: just 90 days on parts and labor plus seven years on the frame.
- Resistance – The 925 only offers ten resistance levels. Sixteen or twenty levels is the norm.
- Lack of extras – Users sacrifice a wide variety of features for this machine’s foldable design: an incline, a drink holder, advanced programming, and more.
Overall Rating for the ProForm 925 SpaceSaver Elliptical
The ProForm 925 SpaceSaver is a noticeable upgrade over the 850 SpaceSaver: it has a heart rate monitor, an adjustable stride, and pretty good workout variety for the price. Still, if you can afford a full-sized elliptical, then go for it! Some sturdy but compact ellipticals include the NordicTrack A.C.T. Pro and cross trainers in the Lifecore CD series.