The low-priced ProForm 890E elliptical is a feature-rich machine with an adjustable stride. It has 24 built-in workouts plus an iFit card reader.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the 890E
- Adjustable stride – The machine’s adjustable 18”-20” stride allows for a customized fit and better muscle definition.
- Incline – An intensity ramp tilts up to thirty degrees, further helping people to isolate different muscle groups.
- Oversized pedals – Large cushioned pedals help users stay comfortable during long workout sessions.
- iFit – The 890E includes an iFit card reader. iFit® Workout Cards, which are sold separately, are available in four categories — Weight Loss, Wellness, Circuit Training, and Performance – and include eight weeks of personal training each.
- Sound system – ProForm’s 890E includes an MP3 player port and speaker system.
- Warranty – ProForm offers some attractive extras, but it doesn’t back up its products with strong warranties. Parts and labor are covered for one year. The frame has a lifetime warranty.
Overall Rating for the ProForm 890E Elliptical
This is an excellent option for an elliptical in the sub-$1000 category. It offers many features that are normally only sold with more expensive machines. Still, people who consider the short warranty a gamble should consider cross trainers with longer warranties from brands such as Sole and Schwinn.