ProForm 590E Elliptical
ProForm is known for targeting beginner athletes who’d like extra features on their workout machines. The budget-priced ProForm 590E elliptical is best for users who weigh 200 pounds or less; others will find that it’s wobbly. This model has iFit technology, an incline option, and an iPod-compatible port.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the 590E
- Healthy stride – The machine’s stride length of 18” allows most adults a healthy range of motion.
- Incline – An intensity ramp provides additional workout options, helping people to isolate different muscle groups.
- Oversized pedals – Large pedals help users stay comfortable during longer workout sessions.
- iFit – The elliptical is wired to read iFit cartridges, which include 8 weeks of personal training each. The 590E also has 14 built-in workout programs and 16 levels of resistance.
- Sound system – ProForm’s 590E includes an iPod port and speaker system to help pass the time.
- Extras – The 10.0 ZE has a pulse monitor, a workout fan, and an intensity ramp to help users burn more calories and focus on different muscle groups.
- Warranty – ProForm offers some attractive extras, but it doesn’t back up its product with a strong warranty. Parts are covered for one year and the frame has a lifetime warranty.
Overall Rating for the ProForm 590E Elliptical
This is a fine machine for small to average-sized exercisers on a budget. Some of its features, such as an iPod port and iFit, are usually only offered on more expensive models. Still, since ProForm’s warranties aren’t outstanding, people considering this machine should also look into Sole’s and Schwinn’s budget ellipticals. These have better warranties and heavier flywheels.