The ProForm 1200E elliptical is a relatively basic trainer with fewer features than the ProForm 890E. Highlights include self-generating power, a 20” stride, and a 350-pound capacity.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the ProForm 1200E
- Long stride – The machine’s 20” stride allows for a full range of motion.
- Oversized pedals – Large cushioned pedals help users stay comfortable during long workout sessions.
- Green technology – This elliptical trainer harnesses energy from workouts to power its console, thus eliminating the need for batteries or an electrical connection.
Elliptical Misses: Areas for Improvement
- Warranty – This budget elliptical has just a one year warranty on parts and labor.
- Workout options – The selection of 15 workout programs is nice, but a machine in this price category should have more than 12 resistance levels, if not an incline or an adjustable stride to help add workout challenges and more definition to the legs.
Overall Rating for the ProForm 1200E Elliptical
This is a disappointing option when compared with the ProForm 890E, which has a lower MSRP. For its lack of appealing extras or even solid basics like a heavy flywheel, this model doesn’t fare well against competitors like the 890E and models from Sole and Schwinn.