ProForm 10.0 ZE Elliptical
ProForm is known for targeting beginner athletes who’d like extra features on their workout machines. The budget-priced ProForm 10.0 ZE features a fold-away design and iFit personal training.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the 10.0 ZE
- Adjustable stride – The machine’s stride length adjusts to 13”, 15”, and 18” to suit users of different sizes and to help people target different muscle groups. These are good size options for shorter users, but taller exercisers will be making more of a stepping motion than an elliptical motion.
- Oversized pedals – Large pedals help users stay comfortable during longer workout sessions.
- iFit – The elliptical is wired to read iFit cartridges, which include 8 weeks of personal training each. The 10.0 ZE also has 8 standard workout programs.
- Heart rate monitor – Sensors are conveniently built into the handlebars to help users exercise at the optimal heart rate.
- Sound system – ProForm’s 10.0 ZE includes an iPod port and speaker system to help pass the time.
- Compact size – The 10.0 ZE can easily be folded to save floor space.
- Resistance – With just 12 levels of resistance, this trainer is best for lightweight users and beginners.
- Warranty – ProForm ellipticals are sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and one year on other parts and labor. This is a mediocre deal; many budget models only offer a 90-day warranty on parts and labor, but some offer several years of protection on parts besides the frame.
Overall Rating for ProForm 10.0 ZE Ellipticals
This is a good little machine for light to moderate exercisers on a budget. Some of its features, such as an adjustable stride and iFit, are usually only offered on more expensive models. The warranty isn’t outstanding, but casual customers can expect to get satisfaction from this comfortable cross trainer. Be sure to check out Schwinn’s similarly-priced models to get the best value.