Precor EFX 576i Elliptical
Precor EFX 576i ellipticals are lightly reconditioned club-quality trainers with a good reputation. These machines first spend a few years in commercial settings such as hotels and health clubs, and then they’re refurbished and recoated for resale. Precor ellipticals normally work well for more than a decade, and reconditioned models can be considered good-as-new.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Precor EFX 576i
- Environmentally friendly – This elliptical runs on user-generated power, so there’s no need to plug it in and run up your electric bill.
- Sturdiness and durability – Precor ellipticals are known for their stability, even when they’re used by heavier people. The EFX 576i was originally designed for club use, so it has top-of-the-line components such as sealed bearings and a heavy flywheel.
- Long stride –The 21.2” stride lets tall people use a full range of motion. However, the machine isn’t practical for small people.
- Incline – The Precor EFX 576i can be adjusted to inclines between 13 and 40 degrees.
- Moderate number of programs – This cross trainer has 14 pre-set programs and 20 resistance levels.
Elliptical Misses: Drawbacks of the Precor EFX 576i
- Size – This commercial elliptical has a large footprint and isn’t suitable for small workout spaces. Also, it weighs 338 pounds, so unlike some other elliptical trainers, it can’t easily be moved.
- Warranty – Refurbished Precors are sold with a short warranty.
Overall Rating for the Precor EFX 576i Elliptical
This cross trainer is a great option for tall people who are looking for a good bargain. Its notable features include a variety of programs, upper arm training, a long stride, and a steep incline. The short warranty might concern some buyers, but gambling on a Precor isn’t considered risky among those in the fitness industry.