PaceMaster Silver XT Elliptical
The PaceMaster Silver XT elliptical is a debut cross trainer from Aerobics, Inc. It follows in the tradition of PaceMaster treadmills by providing a smooth quiet ride and high-quality components.
Elliptical Hits: Features of PaceMaster Silver XT Ellipticals
- Pace counter – The machine’s console displays a user’s strides per minute, helping him or her to achieve performance goals.
- Great ergonomics – The Silver XT is specially engineered to keep users upright with minimal effort. Additionally, a patented drive system and roomy no-slip pedals provide an especially smooth feel.
- Programs – The PaceMaster Silver XT has 12 engaging programs and 20 resistance levels that can be adjusted mid-workout. Users can also choose to have motivational messages scroll across the console.
- Long stride – The PaceMaster elliptical has a 21” stride, which is excellent for taller users.
- High capacity – The sturdy 245-pound machine has a user capacity of 350 pounds.
- Extras – A non-slip tray is specially designed to hold an iPod or other MP3 player.
- Good warranty – PaceMaster’s residential customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame, three years on parts, and a year of labor. Commercial customers have a one year warranty on parts and labor.
Elliptical Miss: How PaceMaster Could Improve
- Large footprint – The Silver XT is a rather large machine. With its 79”x27” footprint, it’s not practical for small workout spaces.
Overall Rating for the PaceMaster Silver XT Elliptical Machine
PaceMaster’s debut elliptical bodes well for an eventual full line. Although its long stride won’t suit everybody, the Silver XT is an excellent low-impact cross trainer. It stands out for its pace tracking, excellent ergonomics, and high-quality components.