Octane Q35C Elliptical
Octane Fitness ellipticals fall into two general categories: standing and seated. The Q35C is the simplest standing model currently offered by this high-end brand. It features excellent ergonomics and special workout “boosters” that
help target the arms and glutes.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the Q35C Octane Elliptical
- Intense upper-body workouts – The Octane brand is known for providing intense full-body workouts. With this cross trainer, upper-body resistance is engineered much better than that on a typical elliptical. Stationary handlebars are also provided.
- Great ergonomics – The elliptical pedals are spaced 1.8” apart to promote a comfortable workout.
- Various strides – The 20.5” stride can be used in forward and reverse directions.
- Safety mode – With a setting that’s actually called MOM Mode, the machine’s arms and pedals can be locked in place.
- High capacity – Octanes are sturdy machines with 300-pound user capacities.
- Programs – This trainer only has eleven preset programs, but they’re good ones.
- Extras – Other special features include adjustable fans, a contact heart rate monitor, a reading rack, and an accessory tray.
- Warranty – Octane’s Q35c customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years on parts, and a year of labor. This is one of Octane’s better warranties.
Overall Rating for Octane’s Q35c Elliptical Machines
This is a top elliptical that will challenge even serious athletes. With its five-year parts warranty, this machine is a good deal when found on sale. Octane is a high quality brand that sets its MSRPs too high.
Other standing Octane ellipticals offer more programming and adjustable strides, but they cost quite a bit more. These fall into the Octane Q37 and Q47 series.
Some more affordable high-quality elliptical brands include Smooth and Precor.